Announcing news about the WATCHMEN campaign I am working on with Picture Production Company: Virtual Q&A in Sony PlayStation Home. ≠)
From the official press release:
PARAMOUNT ANNOUNCES GROUNDBREAKING VIRTUAL WORLD Q&A IN PLAYSTATION HOME FOR WATCHMEN
London, 16 February 2009
At 4pm GMT on 23rd February, Paramount Pictures International (PPI) will be staging the first ever filmmaker Q&A to take place in the groundbreaking new virtual world PlayStation Home, promoting the international release of WATCHMEN on March 6th 2009.
An audience of ten guests – made up of journalists, bloggers and fans from around the world – will be given a unique opportunity to put questions to WATCHMEN director Zack Snyder and the graphic novel’s artist Dave Gibbons as part of this ambitious invitation-only event.
The event will be streamed live across the Internet, commencing a comprehensive WATCHMEN webcast which will include integrated film footage and a post event edit with coverage of the red carpet at the UK premiere in London’s Leicester Square.
The Q&A forms part of a broader initiative promoting WATCHMEN within PlayStation Home. This comprises opportunities to watch exclusive footage in Home’s cinema, and, from February 27th, to choose from a variety of WATCHMEN virtual merchandise including character costumes, t-shirts and even your very own Doomsday clock, from the Home store.
As a first of its kind in PlayStation Home this activity signals PPI’s continuing commitment to innovative and experimental film marketing. It is being co-ordinated by specialist film marketing agency Picture Production Company and Deluxe Corporation, who previously worked with PPI to give films including IRON MAN and TRANSFORMERS an extra dimension in virtual world Second Life.
Heath Tyldesley, Director, Interactive Marketing, Paramount Pictures International, commented: “WATCHMEN’s presence in PlayStation Home is a continuation of our commitment to using cutting edge platforms as media to bring fans and film-makers closer together and create a deeper engagement with movie audiences”.
… Thursday, the 26th, a range of WATCHMEN clothing and items will appear in Home and these will be free for all SCEE Home customers.
ROLE: Creative Strategy, Experiential Producer, Machinima Director/Producer, Avatar Design
AGENCY: Picture Production Company
CLIENT: Paramount Pictures International
- Screen: “Paramount and Sony take film marketing to virtual communities to new level”
- Ain’t It Cool News: “Quint had a chat with Zack Snyder and Dave Gibbons via PS3! Wanna listen?”
- Joystiq: “Who watches the Watchmen? You do – in Home”
- MTV Multiplayer: “What A ‘Home’ Press Conference Looks Like”
- Kotaku: “Watch The Watchmen Invade PlayStation Home”
- Joystiq: “Live Watchmen director Q&A coming Home this month”
- Joystiq: “Watchmen Q&A streaming live from Home”
- 1UP: “Watch the Watchmen Trailer in PlayStation Home”
- New Media Age: “Watchmen film to be promoted within Sony Home”
- Times Online: “Watchmen: Yet more online craziness”
- Massively: “New Watchmen gear and upcoming interactive spaces for PlayStation Home”